Since 1982, the Jeanne Geiger Crisis Center has been helping survivors of domestic violence to find safety and healing, and start new beginnings.
Charitable support funds a significant portion of our operating budget, which allows us to provide local services to survivors free of charge. Now, with the shifting nature of state and federal funds, every individual gift from donors matters more than ever.
Click here to see a visual breakdown of our FY21 finances.
Your financial support is vital to ensure that we continue to help survivors regain safety, well-being and self-sufficiency.
For more information about giving to Jeanne Geiger Crisis Center, please contact:
Director of Advancement
email@example.com or 978-255-9165
Ways to Give
How to Make a Donation:
- To give by mail: Send your contribution to the Development Office, Jeanne Geiger Crisis Center, 2 Harris Street, Newburyport, MA, 01950. Please be sure to include your return address so we can thank you and designate your gift if you request. Make checks payable to: Jeanne Geiger Crisis Center.
- To give by phone: Call the Development Office at 978-465-0999
- To donate online, click here to visit our online donation page.
- You can visit the Jeanne Geiger Crisis Center Development office at 2 Harris Street, Newburyport, MA, Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
FEATURED: Violence Intervention and Prevention (VIP) Campaign for Growth
The VIP Campaign for Growth will provide students with deeper and more transformative educational programs to help break the cycle of violence before it affects the next generation. Our goal is to strategically grow the number of students served in local area schools over the next three years.
- $550,000 in growth capital which supports program expansion and reserves.
- Three year commitment at a minimum $5,000 donation per year.
- $150,000 currently raised
Make a Tribute Gift
A Tribute Gift is a thoughtful and meaningful way to pay tribute or honor the memory of important people in your life. Consider donating in honor of a family member, friend or co-worker, or in memory of a loved one.
Gift of Securities
A gift of appreciated securities (stock) held for more than a year may provide significant tax benefits for you while you support the Jeanne Geiger Crisis Center. Contact the Development Office at 978-465-0999 to learn more about making a gift of stock.
Bequests and Other Planned Gifts
A gift through your will or other planned gift can support your estate tax and financial goals while also benefitting survivors of domestic violence. Common planned gift vehicles include simple bequests, gifts of real estate, and lifetime giving arrangements such as gift annuities. Planned gifts help ensure that we can continue providing life-changing services far into the future.
Sponsor Fundraising Events
Our annual Walk Against Domestic Violence and White Ribbon event are our largest and most important annual fundraising events that support our Survivor Services, and our Youth Empowerment Services. They attract hundreds of participants and community leaders, and provide great visibility for sponsors.
Some organizations prefer to plan their own events to benefit the Jeanne Geiger Crisis Center. We are happy to work with sponsors to promote events that others in the community plan on our behalf.
Donations of Goods
If you are interested in donating goods, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Survivors are often forced to leave everything behind when seeking safety for themselves and their children. You can help ease their transition by providing some of the key items they need on a daily basis. Please view our “wish list” of our current most pressing needs below:
Current Survivor Needs
- Gift cards to grocery stores (Market Basket, Shaw’s, Stop & Shop), gas stations, drug stores, or Walmart
- Bus passes
- Gift cards for a haircut
On a limited basis, we can accept new items, such as:
- Toiletries: FULL SIZE bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, children’s shampoo and conditioner, toothbrushes, toothpaste, children’s toothbrushes and toothpaste, deodorant, soap, Q-tips, bandages
- Dishwasher soap, laundry detergent
- Toilet paper, paper towels
At this time, we are not accepting donations of used or gently worn items. We are so grateful, but in an abundance of caution for our staff and the survivors we serve due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we must decline any offers of previously owned goods.