Join Our Board of Directors
Role of the Board of Directors
The role of the Jeanne Geiger Crisis Center Board is to ensure that the mission – to empower individuals and engage communities to end domestic violence – and the principles of the Center are carried out in a fiscally responsible and ethical manner.
Board members are asked to use their professional skills and expertise to help govern the organization. They are expected to maintain the spirit of our bylaws and demonstrate a commitment to social justice in keeping with the organization’s values. Board members are asked to make the Jeanne Geiger Crisis Center a priority in their philanthropic giving and to assist in the organization’s fundraising efforts.
Terms of Office
A director serves a term of three years with the option of serving up to three additional one-year terms. Board members must step down at the end of six years but may be considered for a new term following a one-year sabbatical.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Uphold the mission of the organization
- Uphold the values of organization, practicing clear and open communication and respect for all
- Attend monthly meetings
- Publicly advocate for the Jeanne Geiger Crisis Center via your own circle of influence to expand contacts and resources for the agency
- Understand and approve major policies and programs
- Oversee the general implementation of policies and programs
- Actively engage in the planning and oversight of the agency’s budget
To learn more about how you can become a Jeanne Geiger Board member, please contact: Suzanne Dubus, CEO, Jeanne Geiger Crisis Center, email@example.com, or Lori Day, Board President, firstname.lastname@example.org